Saturday, January 30, 2010

8 Years in the Making

Mark and I married 8 years ago this month. We met at BYU just after he returned from his mission. He was my FHE dad, and, having just been on a two year spiritual high, he wanted to make sure all of his "kids" could feel the spirit. The first FHE we had Mark read us a story for two hours! I kid you not!! I thought he was the most boring person!



Mark and his roommates were in the same district in the MTC and decided on their mission to be roomies on their return to the Y. They returned home between July and August 2000 and all were married (except for Mark) a year later!

Mark was a computer science major. He and his two buddies loved playing the nerdy part.

My roommates at the Y fall 2000.

We dressed up as Little Rascals for Halloween.

Spring 2001 Roommates.

4 comments:

Alanna said...

Oh, the memories! Fun pictures to look back at!

Tiff said...

YAY! Go Lil Rascals!!!!

:D

I remember Mark reading that ridiculously long story! And I remember thinking it was endearing! LOL. How's that for funny?!

Congrats on 8 years, guys! Have fun and celebrate!

christianna said...

fun to remember this stuff! congratulations on 8 years. can't believe it's been that long ... ...

Mindy said...

Those are fun pictures!

Sandia Sunset

Sandia Sunset
Our mountains are beautiful in the evenings. We took this picture from our backyard.