Sunday, January 24, 2010

January Update

Megan had her 6 month check-up at the beginning of the month. She is 16 lbs. 6 oz. and 27 1/2 inches long. She's holding strong to the 50th percentile for weight and 90th for height. I learned that her pediatrician is moving to Washington. She is such a wonderful doctor and I am sad to see her go. It is difficult to find a pediatrician who is okay with my stand on vaccines. I haven't decided who our next doctor will be. I would like to continue to see a pediatrician, but may settle for a nurse practitioner who I know won't pressure me to vaccinate my children.

We began sleep training Megan as soon as we arrived home from DC. It took Kendra about a week to sleep through the night when I did this. I thought for sure Megan would be easier since her temperament is so easy. No... I was wrong...very wrong! It's been what, three weeks? And she STILL cries almost every time she has to sleep. It's getting better...or at least that is what I tell myself. On a good night I will only get up 2-3 times to feed her (this has happened twice). On a bad night I'm up 10-12 times. I don't mind getting up to feed her, I just wish she was consistently sleeping 3 hour stretches.

Kendra is now a sunbeam in primary. For the past two years it has taken her 6 months before she would go to nursery without either me or Mark. I had prepared myself for the same experience. I was floored when she took the hand of her friend and walked to her bench. I later saw her and her friend holding hands skipping and giggling in the hallway. She loves primary! It's so cute to watch her and her little buddy.

No comments:

Sandia Sunset

Sandia Sunset
Our mountains are beautiful in the evenings. We took this picture from our backyard.