Thursday, May 16, 2013

Watermelon Dresser

I bought a cheap, old, ugly dresser when I was pregnant with Megan.  It was plywood with a laminate covering.  The laminate was peeling and it was ugly.  I always wanted to repaint it but could never decide how to do it.  I couldn't sand it because of the plywood.  I recently read a blog about someone who never sands her wood.  She just spray paints everything!  So that is what I did.  Spray paint smells something fierce, even when it's outside, so I don't think I'll use spray paint again.

So here is the end result:


See where the laminate peeled?
 I had to hand paint the hardware because they were stuck in there!  That took forever.  Still pretty though.  I'm thinking the room needs some turquoise to go with this watermelon color and grey zigzag curtains.

I found a blog: cutegirlshairstyles.com - I figure since I have three I should start doing their hair cute.


Kylee has fat legs - with a roll that stays there even when her leg is straight!  Awesome.

No comments:

Sandia Sunset

Sandia Sunset
Our mountains are beautiful in the evenings. We took this picture from our backyard.