Sunday, June 27, 2010

Farm Friends

It was cold when we were home. Now that I live in the southwest cold = less than 80 degrees. I like it hot and was happy to walk into 95 degree weather when we arrived home.


We made smores on the grill one evening. Look at Shoni's face! It just cracks me up. I should post this one on facebook.

Kendra and her cousin played in the dirt and sut on the dirt road. Then Kendra rubbed her face not realizing the natural makeup she put on.


We went out in the country to this little corner store. They built a restaurant in it and this old couple runs it. The food is actually pretty good.

Here is the picture of the store - no parking spaces, the parking is kind of a free for all.


We were chasing Kendra one night. As she approached us we'd turn as if to chase her and she would take off running. That kid is so fun.

This is my first potato bug I found in the garden. Now, to most people you probably don't care about these critters, but I didn't get an allowance growing up. BUT I did get money when I picked these little beauties off the potato plants. I earned 1 cent for each bug and 5 cents for a leaf full of eggs. While at home I found some other potato bugs and placed them all in a cup with a lid that had holes in it...and some potato leaves. And do you know what happened? A couple of days later there were eggs! Bonus! My parents still owe me by the way....


Here is my snake. He was wrapped up in the potato plants so I had my dad grab him. I can't believe I actually played with snakes when I was younger.


1 comment:

Cheryl Winkel said...

Do you mean to tell me that after growing up on a farm and playing with snakes, that you no longer like to play with snakes? My husband still takes every chance he can get to play with them. If we encounter a snake on a bike ride he is off his bike before the bike has even come to a stop. Winkel men. Gotta love 'em. And of course, we do. By the way, the word verification for this comment was "vance". Kind of fitting, huh?

Sandia Sunset

Sandia Sunset
Our mountains are beautiful in the evenings. We took this picture from our backyard.