Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easter Weekend

We enjoyed our Easter weekend. Mark was home for the entire weekend (minus the priesthood session of conference) which doesn't happen very often.
For FHE on the Monday before Easter the girls decorated eggs.
Megan had a great time banging her egg on the table until it cracked.


We had an "after Easter egg hunt" this past week. Kendra and her friend hid the eggs in the backyard. This is how they were hidden:


For conference we printed a conference booklet, puzzle, and apostle cards for Kendra. We then built a tent so she could face the prophet - like they did for King Benjamin. She loved it.

For the first Sunday session of conference we have a tradition of eating monkey bread for breakfast. This year I added a whipped cream cheese frosting to it, and wow! It's so yummy!

I began teaching sign language to Megan about two weeks ago. I was surprised to see how quickly she picked up on it. She can already do two signs.

Kendra's favorite thing to play is Candyland and we play it everyday when Megan takes her afternoon nap. She also enjoys saying words, the first sound she hears, and what letter makes that sound. So glad the academics are coming along!

2 comments:

gretta said...

we tried the conference tent to but I used my standing coat rack and it fell down and almost hit Emmie in the head. I'll have to try something stronger next time

Heidi said...

You do such cute things! I love your conference idea. I'll have to try it with my kids next time. Also, I love signs, but James learned a few and now he just does them for a bunch a different things so I have no idea what he wants sometimes!

Sandia Sunset

Sandia Sunset
Our mountains are beautiful in the evenings. We took this picture from our backyard.