Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Interrupted Sleep

Mark and I have three little girls.  This often brings the question, "you guys gonna try for a boy?"  Sometimes I respond simply by saying, "nope."  Other times I expound and say why.  Two reasons: My body fell apart after Kylee and postpartum depression.

I read a study recently that examined the lack of sleep and interrupted sleep.  They found that interrupted sleep had far worse effects on a person's body then the lack of sleep did.   It actually changed the genes in a person's body causing many health problems.  Mice that were awakened repeatedly eventually died!

I have slept 7 hours a handful of times in the last 4 + years.  Most people with children sleep better than I have and do.  Megan sleeps through the night most of the time now.  I figure Kylee will do the same by the time she's 4.

So there are actually three reasons.  I .... am .... tired.  I think if people could see and feel what I have been through in the last 4 years they would throw their arms around me and say, "bless your heart for pressing on."

No comments:

Sandia Sunset

Sandia Sunset
Our mountains are beautiful in the evenings. We took this picture from our backyard.