Friday, March 29, 2013

What Would It Be Like

I'm looking forward to the week that I don't see a doctor...or have a sick kid...or have a kid on medicine.  When that week comes I'm breaking open the gingerale and celebrating.

Kylee had her 2 month well child check up today.  She STILL has thrush but I waited for her well child visit because it is free, otherwise I pay $100.   I asked the doctor for the strongest anti-fungal possible.  She gave me a prescription for diflucan for 2 weeks, and Kylee a compound prescription.  So help me if this doesn't get rid of it!  Previously I used nystatin, nystatin cream, gentian violet, 250 mg grapefruit seed extract 3x daily and an acidophilus/bifidus probiotic  (8 billion per capsule) 2 pills 3x daily.  And we still have thrush.  It just won't leave us alone! 

Kylee is in the 50th percentile for weight and height. 

Pox regimen:

Just in case someone needs this for Chicken Pox:

100% pure essential oils

Immunity blend (I used Onguard) with fractionated coconut oil.  Use a cotton ball (never your fingers because it can cause a secondary infection) and wipe on pox 3 times daily.

Skin blend (I used claraderm) spray on pox 3 times daily

Oatmeal bath - take a sock add regular oatmeal.  Let water run through it while filling tub.  Squeeze  the sock at the end.  It should look like a milk bath.  Use up to every 4 hours.

Lavender/baking soda bath.  Take baking soda, add lavender, and after filling the tub dump it in.  Can use up to every 4 hours.

That's it!  I read that Onguard would make the pox disappear.  Megan's are almost completely gone.  It's awesome.

No comments:

Sandia Sunset

Sandia Sunset
Our mountains are beautiful in the evenings. We took this picture from our backyard.