Friday, September 7, 2012

Why It's Better In Your Twenties

I have just decided that all those people who get married young and have babies right off know what they're doing.  I've said that I'm too old to be having kids.  I'm just too old.  I'm in my thirties now.  My greatest concern during this pregnancy has been my weight gain.  I don't know how I gained so much weight when I had morning sickness.  Now that I feel better I can drink a smoothie every morning like I use to.  Granted I am much more tired so I don't jog like I did before pregnancy, but I still try to be somewhat healthy.  I can't stop gaining weight!  I mean, lots of weight!  I am 3 pounds shy of my total weight gain I had with Megan, and I still have 20 weeks left to go!  Now my goal is to gain no more than 1 pound a week.  I'd be happy with 1 pound a week.  My doctor is not concerned, but probably because it's all I talk about at my visits.  I told Mark that I'm going to be a bulimic pregnant woman (I was kidding - I hate puking, could never do it.)  I don't have a picture of my size, I haven't taken any this time around.  But this is basically what I look like...or feel I look like:

CAUTION: Picture of my bare belly:








Yeah, I was 9 months pregnant with Kendra at that time.  Oh blessed twenties.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

My friend, you are speakin' my language. This is also my first pregnancy in my 30's and it is so. much. harder. Not just the weight gain (because I gain just plenty with each one) but I started feeling "late-term uncomfortable" somewhere in 20 week range. Maybe 26? I don't know, but I'm 32 weeks now and I feel like I've been as miserable as a 38 weeker FOREVER.
Hang in there pardner. Weight will come off. Just have a fat, healthy baby and all's well. :)

Sandia Sunset

Sandia Sunset
Our mountains are beautiful in the evenings. We took this picture from our backyard.