Megan refuses to poop on the potty. She use to refuse to poop period and thus we have allowed her to poop in a diaper, just as long as she would poop. This week she had 4 pullups left. I told her that when her pullups were gone she'd have to use the potty. She has complete control over her bowel movements and it's time.
We let her pick out gum as a reward for using the potty, (Don't even comment on how to potty train your child and how we should use charts, stickers, prizes, candy, etc. None of those things work for this kid! I can't tell you how many parents have told me how I should be doing it. One of these days I'll write my book inspired by Megan, 'When All Else Fails'). On Friday she needed to poop but held it in, in fact she held it in for 24 hours until she could no longer hold it. Thanks to all those prunes and fiber. She finally gave in and went on the potty! She was super excited and shared gum with everyone. Ha! I win! Now if only I can get her to do it consistently. Victory, sweet victory.
13 years ago
.jpg)
4 comments:
We have the same problem with James and holding poop in. He's been doing it since he was 2 1/2 just in his diaper. It isn't even a potty training thing, he refuses to poop in a diaper, on the potty, anywhere. So I can imagine how happy you are that she went!
I think that Megan and Jacob are similar in a lot of ways. Jacob held his poop for 5 days!!! Even when he was on laxatives. I finally gave in and put a diaper on him and he soiled 3 diapers in a 15 minute period of time. I found with him that you have to give him the idea, teach him the concept and then let him process everything on his own terms. Once I learned that Jacob and I got along much better. Let me know when you write your book, I have a few submissions of my own. Jacob cannot be found in any parenting books, I've looked.
She sounds a lot like CC. My mom kept suggesting we change her diet, but I know Cecily. It wasn't diet. It was strong-will & stubbornness.
I don't know if this will work for your guys, but it did for us and we haven't had problems since.
We were giving her the pediatric laxative tablets. But she was still outlasting those. So one day, I pulled out these enema bulbs I had purchased out of desperation, and while she was sitting on the toilet, REFUSING, I showed it to her and actually explained, with no pretense, what it does. I said, "Either you go on your own, or I stick this up your bum hole and help you out."
She went. Immediately. And she's gone ever since! LOL.
Worth a shot. /shrug
Hooray for poop in the potty!
Post a Comment