Friday, March 30, 2012

PE

Okay, so after my rant on my ward I need to say this: There are a lot of good people and families in our ward who would help me out with anything. I probably made it sound worse than it really is.

Kendra was marked down on her PE evaluation. We know she has coordination and balance issues. Yesterday I went to watch her in PE so I could see how bad she was compared to her peers. She is definitely on the lower side, no mistaking that. But she isn't as bad as I thought she would be. Mark and I have decided to put her in a gymnastics class rather than do a PT evaluation. The thing that bothered me the most was that she just gives up. Her class was told to run two laps around the playground and after one she just stopped and walked. When I asked her why she said "I'm just slower than everyone else." Yes, child and you run funny too but you should still run the two laps! Mark and I are doing more active things with her at home to try to help her. We made a huge stride in riding her bike yesterday. She typically pedals forward a couple of times and then stops. It's too scary. Yesterday she rode two houses down before stopping! Yay for progress. Now if we could only get her to catch and throw a ball....

No comments:

Sandia Sunset

Sandia Sunset
Our mountains are beautiful in the evenings. We took this picture from our backyard.