Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Ocean

I wasn't going to travel all the way to California and NOT see the beach. We took off one afternoon to spend a couple of hours in Long Beach. It was perfect timing. It was warm, sunny, and beautiful. The fog rolled in just as we left.




Mark and his girls walking the beach.



This took some coaxing. Kendra is still hesitant when it comes to new situations. The first step was to take off her shoes in the sand. Then it was to get her to walk on the wet sand. To get her in the water we began with our backs toward the ocean and dug our feet into the wet sand. The tide came up a little and got her. She realized it wasn't scary but fun, so began to play in the water.

Building a sand castle.


Kendra made "sleeping beauty's castle." Notice the beautiful trash in her castle. I am disappointed that people don't take care of the beaches. There was quite a bit of trash on the beach and in the water.


Funny picture of Meggers.







3 comments:

Tiff said...

Oh, BOO! You were seriously so close to us! And I could've taken you guys to the perfect beach for Kendra... less trash, smaller waves, etc. :(

How did we MISS you?! I guess I never gave you MY info...? :'(

Next time.

Will and Heidi said...

How fun! The Beach!

BrookieT said...

So jealous! But looks like you guys had fun. You are such a good and patient mom! That's too bad abuot all the trash.

Sandia Sunset

Sandia Sunset
Our mountains are beautiful in the evenings. We took this picture from our backyard.