Sunday, May 3, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Yesterday was Mark's 30th birthday! He went shooting in the morning and then we had some friends over for lunch and cake. Mark's favorite thing about the lunch was the size of the sandwich ring which I purchased at Sams Club. He took a picture of it while it was in our fridge so all could appreciate the largeness.

Our fridge/freezer is a side by side so it makes the sandwich look even bigger.
I bought some balloons and decorated the kitchen with streamers and "happy 30th birthday" stuff that I found on sale at Party City. Kendra was very excited that we got to buy daddy balloons. After the party she wanted to take the balloons for a walk. She and Mark walked in circles around our little tikes slide. She never got tired of this! All evening that's what she wanted to do - take the balloons for a walk.
Here's Mark walking the balloons!

A little over a week ago I hurt my lower back. Eventually it got to the point to where it was difficult to walk, but I had my doctor appointment last Friday so I just waited. I thought my Dr. would tell me to take Tylenol, but instead he readjusted my back! It felt so good! My joints aren't stable and slip which make my hips crooked and cause the pain. I'll tell you what, I can't wait to give birth!

Kendra began the Funny Bug program at the Little Gym. She gets to be in the gym with the instructor all by herself! Her teacher said she was ready for this even though she is not three yet. Funny Bugs are for 3-4 year olds. Kendra loved it! It was fun to watch her and not have to run around with her. Mark had taken that morning off to say goodbye to his parents who were passing through on their way to their mission in DC. So he came to watch her as well. As soon as he walked in Kendra said, "Daddy, Daddy!! It's my daddy!" She constantly looked over at the window where Mark and I sat to make sure her daddy was watching her

Kendra likes to make up songs and to tell stories. My favorite story went from Ammon to Abinadi to Jesus. It basically went like this, "And the king liked Ammon and the King was wicked and they laid him on the cross and there was a big storm." Well, at least she's paying attention.

4 comments:

Emily said...

cute family! I'm glad that your back is feeling better. Next time are you going to go to the doctor? I really like the balloon walk. :)

Amy said...

I was hoping that was a side-by-side fridge because WOAH, that sandwich is HUGE. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARK!!

Kendra sounds like a lot of fun. Congrats to her on being ready for Funny Bugs so early!

Glad your back is feeling better. It's hard to do ANYTHING when your back is hurting.

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday...I love when people are older than me, even if it's only by five months...

Mindy said...

Happy Birthday to you Mark!
Kristi, a chiropractor is a pregnant woman's best friend. When you give birth, within those first couple of weeks is a great time for an adjustment too since everything goes back into place super easy.

Sandia Sunset

Sandia Sunset
Our mountains are beautiful in the evenings. We took this picture from our backyard.