Friday, September 12, 2008

My Two Cents

After Mark and I moved to Albuquerque we decided it was time to follow counsel and start our food storage. Every month we set aside some money to spend on food storage items or preparedness items. Recently I heard about the avian bird flu. The federal government is planning on a pandemic. Now that we have our year supply I am working on being able to live in our home for 3 months. I thought this was good enough to pass on.



Here is the CDC's website:



http://www.cdc.gov/flu/avian/



Here are websites for food storage/preparedness:

http://www.providentliving.org/pfw/multimedia/files/pfw/pdf/113827_HSOrderForm_US_JUL_08_pdf.pdf

http://www.foodstorageideas.com

http://www.survival-warehouse.com/food/index.htm?gclid=CImj2OCd2ZUCFQQRswodkXZFDw

http://www.beprepared.com

I also have recipes that I use frequently. I'll post them sometime. Many preparedness items can be found at Wal-mart or sporting good stores for a cheaper price.

No comments:

Sandia Sunset

Sandia Sunset
Our mountains are beautiful in the evenings. We took this picture from our backyard.